Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Hooper girl!

Thought I would take the time to write a quick update.  This weekend was Memorial Day weekend, meaning an extra day off from work!  I am very proud of how well I did in terms of my diet and exercise for those three days, especially considering the gym was closed on Monday AND people brought lots of junk food to my house.  I spent several hours on Saturday hula hooping with my friend Katie who is apparently an amazing hooper.  She can just stand there and not even think about the hoop and it will stay up and twirling steadily around her waist.  Me, I still have to give it my full focus to keep it up, but at least now I can keep it going for probably longer than 60 seconds.  I think I need to start timing myself, to see how long I can actually keep the hoop going.  Losing weight is going to help a lot, because my not-flat belly sometimes throws the hoop out of whack.  A flat middle would make the hoop go around much easier and smoother.  Good thing I'm well on my way already! ;)

So after I hooped for many hours on Saturday, I honestly felt like I had improved quite a bit with my hooping  by the end of it.  Then yesterday, my cousins who are in an amazing bluegrass band came over and played their awesome music, and I had to bust out my hoop again and hoop while they were playing.  I was really pleased with my progress and I want to keep trying to improve my hooping every day.

I just had a random thought.  I should start practicing my hooping while I am watching TV or movies sometimes.  That's extra time in my day I could be using to not only catch up on True Blood or Game of Thrones but also practice my hoop!

Also I took a short bike ride yesterday on my new bicycle.  I got a new seat for it because the other one was severely hurting my ass bones lol.  So the new seat is much more comfortable, and I rode over to my Papaw's house and back.  I was seriously sweating by the time I got home!

I did eat fried chicken, macaroni salad, brownies, and 3 beers yesterday.  All in all I went over my budget by 1,000 calories for the day.  But I'm very proud of myself for logging everything instead of saying 'meh, I'll start again tomorrow' like I usually would.   Also proud of myself for trying to burn some of it off through hooping and bike riding.

Tonight I'm back at the gym for another five days in a row.  Power yoga tonight.  Can't wait.  I seriously need some planks and downward dogs in my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment