Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The liberated woman.

I'm currently reading Woodswoman by Anne LaBastille. This is the true story of a woman who, following a divorce, decided to buy 22 acres of land in the Adirondack wilderness and live off the land, alone in a cabin she built herself. I knew it would be a great read simply because I really enjoy stuff like this, my favorite being Dick Proenneke's Alone in the Wilderness. But I'm feeling more enlightened than I even anticipated so far. I'm feeling like all the usual feelings woman have (myself included), even the feelings we independent women don't like to acknowledge, are being acknowledged and faced. And overcome. Like I've had this shift in my self-understanding, self-belief, in my resolve. That I believe I could totally do whatever I want completely on my own, even live off the land in the Adirondack wilderness if I feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment